This is a list of requirements for a special pass in Kenya. A Special pass is a document issued to foreign Nationals who are in the country temporarily to do business or work, volunteer or even consult for a short duration usually not exceeding three months.
A special Pass is not renewable or even transferable. Fee payable for the special pass is Ksh.15,000/= per month. Kindly note that one is required to pay for the fees within 30 days of receipt of the letter of approval.
Requirements For Special Pass Application
- Application for special pass form – Form 32. Start here
- Two (2) recent passport size colour photos.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant.
- Current immigration status (if in the country)
- Certified academic and professional certificates.
- Signed Cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the applicant
- Copy of any permit or passes held.
- Applicant’s Passport
- Clearance from regulatory bodies ( e.g medical and dentist board, NGO council, Ministry of Information)
- Copy Registration certificate of company or Organization.
- Payment receipt for work permit processing fee
- Copy of Checklist. Download it here
Steps To Follow To Obtain a Special Pass
- Register with eFNS portal
- Apply for the special pass
- Investor registration and special pass request
- Obtain notification of approval
- Pay for special pass fees (Ksh.15,000)
- Obtain payment acknowledgement receipt
- Submit evidence of payment
- Obtain notice of pass collection
- Obtain a special pass ( Nyayo House ground floor at the department of immigration: Foreign nationals management section. COLLECTION OFFICE -ROOM 16
You can call +254 202 222 022 / +254 202 217 544 or email [email protected] if you have further inquiries.