At the end of this article, you are going to know the requirements one needs to meet in order to register as a teacher in Kenya. The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is mandated by the Constitution of Kenya to register qualified persons as teachers and review the standards of education and training of persons entering the teaching service. The Commission has registered more than 670,000 teachers since 1967.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has provided an online platform for application and registration of teachers. Once an applicant is sure that he/she has all the required documents, they can visit the TSC website – www.teachersonline.go.ke and begin the application process.
Upon the receipt of the application, the commission vets the documents and the applicant is given a response within 30days. If the application is successful, the applicant is issued with a Registration Certificate which bears the Commission’s Chief Executive Officer’s signature. The Certificate is then immediately posted to the teacher through the postal address indicated in the application. Also, applicants can access their registration status and/or TSC Number online on the TSC website.
Requirements To Register As A Teacher In Kenya
A) Kenyan Citizens
1. Certificate of Good Conduct
2. Relevant academic and professional certificates from recognized institutions
3. A copy of Identity Card or Passport
4. Passport photo
5.KRA Pin Certificate
6. Dully filled GP 69 Medical Form
A Non-refundable fee of Kshs 1,055 Deposit is made to the TSC;
Registration Account – National Bank of Kenya –
Account No. 01001000905001
or Mpesa using Pay Bill Business Number 625625
B) Non-Kenyan Citizens
1. Academic and Professional Certificates and other evidence for registration as a teacher obtained in Kenya or the country of origin
2. Academic and Professional Certificates and other evidence for registration as a teacher obtained in Kenya or the country of origin
3. Certificate of Registration as a teacher or authority to teach in the country of origin
4. A valid Entry / Work Permit issued by the Department of Immigration
5. A valid Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the relevant law enforcement agency in the country of origin
6. Vetting letter from the Ministry of Education (Kenya)
7. A registration fee of Ksh 1055
Current TSC Minimum Academic and Professional Requirements
[docxpresso file=”https://victormatara.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Requirements-To-Register-As-A-Teacher-In-Kenya-2.odt” comments=”true” SVG=”true”]
For any inquiries on Teacher Registration, Call 020- 2892351 or send an e-mail to; email@example.com.
1.How To Apply For A TSC Number in Kenya 2018
2. TSC Recruitment Requirements For Teachers in Kenya 2018
4. List Of Mwalimu National Sacco Branches in Kenya