This article focuses on the roles of IEBC Logistics Officers. Logistics Officers are election officials hired by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) on a temporary basis to aid in conducting elections.
Roles Of IEBC Logistics Officers
- Arrange election materials in readiness for collection by Presiding Officers and Deputy Presiding Officers.
- Draw the material distribution plan within the area of jurisdiction.
- Distribution of election materials to polling stations, in conjunction with the Returning Officer.
- Draw and implement route maps of material distribution.
- Support Returning Officers in the distribution and retrieval of election materials.
- Identify gaps in materials received and distributed, and liaise with the Returning Officer in addressing the gaps.
- Maintain records of all materials received, distributed and retrieved.
- Perform any other duties or functions that may be assigned by the Returning Officer.
Qualifications For IEBC Logistics Officers
- One must be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity and be non-partisan.
- Be competent in MS office.
- Be a holder of a Degree/Diploma from a university or institution recognised in Kenya.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Have good report writing skills.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Should not be engaged in any other remunerative activity during the entire period of engagement.
- Must be a resident of the constituency he/she is applying for the job.
- Must be knowledgeable in logistics, distribution and retrieval of materials.
- Should be conversant with the geographical, infrastructure and terrain of the constituency.
- Must abide by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) codes of conduct.
- Must be available for the entire period of the election.
IEBC Logistics Officers’ Salary
Logistics Officers will be paid Kshs 1,500 on a daily basis.
Check out :
- Roles of a Presiding Officer in Kenya