This article focuses on the roles of Support Electoral Trainers in Kenya. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission usually recruits Support Electoral Trainers to take part in preparing for elections. They are hired on a temporary basis.
Upon concluding electoral training, Support Electoral Trainers are usually deployed as Presiding Officers or Deputy Presiding Officers. Pay for Support Electoral Trainers is Kshs 2,000 per day.
Roles Of Support Electoral Trainers In Kenya
- To assist in the training of Presiding Officers, Deputy Presiding Officers and Clerks. The training involves polling, counting and tallying process.
- Assist in preparing training venue and the necessary materials for training.
- Perform the duties of a Presiding Officer or Deputy Presiding Officer as will be assigned by the Returning Officer.
- To supervise other individuals that will be engaged in the training of clerks and other election officials at the lower level clusters.
- Assist the Returning Officer in carrying out all forms of electoral training.
- Compile electoral training reports as directed by the Returning Officer.
- To implement electoral training plans developed by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission.
- To collect and ensure security of all election training materials.
- To distribute electoral training materials at cascaded levels.
Qualifications For Support Electoral Trainers In Kenya
- Must be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity and be non-partisan.
- Be a holder of social science degree or diploma from an institution recognised in Kenya.
- Be computer literate.
- Must be competent in arithmetic and computation skills.
- Have proven and demonstrated training skills.
- Should have participated in adult training programs before.
- Ability to manage people.
- Must be available for the entire period of election.
- Must not be involved in any other remunerative activity during the entire period of engagement.
- Must be residents of the constituency or ward in which they apply for.
- Must abide with the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission code of conduct, values, ideas and norms.
Check out :
- Roles of a Presiding Officer in Kenya