No doubt that Saudi Arabia is a land of many opportunities for those looking for a place to earn a living. Thanks to its oil-based economy with strong government control over major economic activities. On this article, we are going to look at some of the requirements Kenyans need to meet before applying for a business visa to Saudi Arabia.
For tourist visas, the Gulf country will start issuing them in April for the first time in history according to a statement issued early this month. The single entry tourist Visa will be valid for 30 days and will be completely independent of work, visit, Hajj and Umrah. According to the statement, women applicants for tourist visas under 25 must have the company of a male family member/guardian while traveling to Saudi Arabia. Today, Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world that has strange rules for female travelers. You can apply for the tourist visa from local travel agencies starting April.
For business Visas, there are a number of requirements Kenyan citizens must meet before submitting their applications. Saudi Arabia business visas are issued businessmen, investors, representatives of various Kenyan companies, managers, sales managers, sales representatives, accountants, production managers, administrative managers and consultants and other visitors who are traveling strictly for the purpose of visiting the country on a business basis. Below are some of the requirements that must be met.
1. Original Passport with validity of minimum six months and minimum two blank pages for visa stamp. Attach all your old passports (if any)
N/B Handwritten passports will not be accepted by the Embassy /Consulate and if these passports were submitted earlier, they might be returned back to the applicant.
2. Photo Specification: Three recent passport size photographs with matt or semi-matt finish, 60%-80% face coverage, light background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
N/B: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
3. Employment Letter: A letter from your employer/school (on business letterhead, with contact details), stating that a leave of absence has been granted and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
4. Invitation Letter: Copy of Invitation Letter from Saudi host / inviting Company on its letterhead stating the purpose of travel, duration of stay and should be duly signed with signatory’s name and designation.
5. Copy of return tickets or itinerary.
6. Company profile: Company profile or Memorandum
If you are the owner of the company please provide a copy of the ownership showing your name on the document.
7. Recommendation letter from the Kenya Chamber of Commerce. The applicant must supply a recommendation letter from the Chamber of Commerce.
8. Personal Letter: A personal letter from the applicant addressed to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Nairobi, explaining the purpose of the trip, dates of travel, cities to be visited, and place of accommodation.
Please make sure to complete all requirements and make sure to attach the requirements to the application form. The process will be MUCH FASTER if initiated by the host company in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia Visa Charges For Kenyan Citizens.
|Type of Visa||Fees in Ksh|||
|||Single Entry Visa||Multiple Entry Visa|
|Business visa, working visit visa and commercial visa||Ksh 53, 758.13||Ksh 80, 637.19|
|Employment visa||Free of charge|
|Government visa||Free of charge|
|Exit Re-Entry visa||Free of charge|
|Lost passport with Exit Re-Entry visa||Free of charge|
|Family Visit visa||Ksh 53, 758.13||Ksh 80, 637.19
|Residency visa||Free of charge|
|Student visa (Government)||Free of charge|
|Student Visa (Private)||Ksh 53, 758.13|
|Escort Visit Visa||Ksh 53, 758.13||Ksh 80, 637.19
|Personal visa||Ksh 53, 758.13||Ksh 80, 637.19
|Missions and Organizations Visa
( non-Diplomatic or Special Passports)
|Ksh 53, 758.13||Ksh 80, 637.19|
|Diplomatic and Special visa||Free of charge|
|Hajj and Umra Visa||First time free of Charge
Ksh 53, 758.13 after that
|Legalization||Payment through ENJAZ|
|ADDRESS||Saudi Arabian Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya
Main Muthaiga Road
|OFFICE HOURS||9 am to 3 pm|
When in Saudi Arabia :
1. You must abide by the country’s Islamic laws and regulations and respect its society’s values and traditions.
2. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s laws against drug trafficking are strictly enforced. Violators are subject to severe punishment, which may include the death penalty.Check out a List of Prescription Drugs Not Allowed in Saudi Arabia that you must leave in Kenya prior to your flight.