This article focuses on Shirika DT Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Shirika DT Sacco was registered on 24th April 1969. At the time, its members came from the Ministry of Co-operative Development (which is the parent ministry).
The Sacco has widened its scope to include other members from different organisations. It has grown tremendously to a membership close to 8,000 with deposits in excess of 3.50 billion.
Shirika Sacco Products & Services
(i). FOSA Loan Products
- Salary advance.
- Daraja loan.
- Asset base loan.
- Asset financing.
- Vukisha loan.
- Tarajia loan.
- Group/unganisha loan.
(ii). FOSA Savings Products
- Shirika junior account.
- Masomo savings.
- Christmas account.
- Fixed deposit account.
(i). BOSA Loan Products
- Senior citizen loan.
- Mega loan.
- Nguvu loan.
- Smart loan.
- Mortgage loan.
- School fees loan.
- Blu loan.
- Super savers loan.
- College fees loan.
- Emergency loan.
- Jiinue loan.
(ii). BOSA Savings Products
- Share capital.
- Burial benevolent fund (BBF).
Shirika DT Sacco Membership Eligibility
Members may include;
- Staff of various ministries.
- Staff of other reputable organisations.
- Self employed individuals.
- Self help groups.
- Co-operative bodies.
Shirika DT Sacco Membership Requirements
- A filled out application form which can be downloaded from the Sacco’s website.
- Registration fee of Kshs 1,000 (non-refundable).
- First deposit which should also include Kshs 300 risk fund paid by all members.
- A copy of your National ID.
- A copy of your current payslip.
- A passport size photograph.
Benefits of Membership
- High savings will result in in high dividends.
- High interest on deposits and dividends given right in time in the month of February.
- The Sacco approves emergency and all loans below one million everyday.
- Loan repayment period of up to 84 months.
- Sacco interest rates on both savings and loans are generally better than those offered by common banks.
- 3 times your savings loan entitlement.
- The sacco gives development loans up to 84 months enabling you to build your dream home and uplift your business.
Shirika DT Sacco Contacts
Location: Kipande Road- Ngara Junction, Nairobi.
Contacts: 0734 897 817/ 0726 277 778/ 0724 610 745.