Today Kenya lost one of the most hardworking cabinet secretary in the Jubilee government. However, the cause of his untimely death still doesn’t add up. Here is how events unfolded till the death of
1. Hon Joseph Nkaissery is in a public prayer at Uhuru Park with the president.
2. They then move to statehouse for luncheon without making any stop over.
3. They hold a crisis security meting where Julius Karangi is in attendance. Karangi is the former chief of defense forces, therefore does not have the constitutional mandate to attend such a meeting.
4. Nkaissery then leaves to Bomas Hotel for some beer till 11 am the same place where the national tallying center is being set up.
5. Nkaissery then leaves for his Karen home and collapses at his home.
6. He is then taken to Karen Hospital for a specialized treatment.
7. A senior member of the presidential strategic communication unit then releases a presser saying Nkaissery was pronounced dead upon arrival at the Karen hospital.
8. A senior member of Jubilee’s digital communication team, contrary to PSCU presser, then says that Nkaissery was drinking up to 3 am.
9. A senior doctor, Dr James Mageri, who attended to him again releases a presser saying that Nkaissery was dead by the time he was being brought to the hospital.
10. Fred Matiang’i is then announced the Interior CS in acting capacity 8 hours later without the head of state himself visiting Lee Funeral Home to confirm the death.
11. Government detectives arrive at the home of Interior CS Joseph Nkaissery at Karen Hardy, Nairobi, as probe into his sudden death begins.
12. The government’s chief pathologist Johansen Oduor carries out a preliminary postmortem and rules out cardiac arrest as the cause of death awaiting the major one on Monday.
May you rest in peace, as your memories live on. RIP (Rtd) Major General Joseph Nkaissery.