Bolt is an international ridesharing company which operates the Bolt taxi-hailing mobile application. Bolt operates in 20 countries worldwide and has mediated rides for over 3 million customers this year alone.
South Africa was the first country in Africa to launch the app then Kenya followed. Bolt has rolled out its services in major towns in Kenya like Nairobi, Kisumu and Mombasa.
To be considered for driving on the platform, Bolt driver-partners must meet certain requirements and provide a clear picture of:
1. The vehicle
- Vehicle year of manufacture must be from 2007 onwards in Mombasa
- Vehicle year of manufacture must be from 2008 onwards in Kisumu & Kakamega and Mount Kenya
- Vehicle year of manufacture must be from 2009 onwards in Nairobi
2. Passport photo
3. National ID
4. Police Clearance Certificate
5. Vehicle Logbook
6. Driver’s normal driving licence
7. Driver’s PSV driving licence
8. NTSA sticker/ report
9. PSV insurance sticker
After that, Sign up to create your driver account on Bolt Website and then visit their office in Nairobi for training: Azure Towers, 2nd Floor, Lantana Road, Westlands (any weekday at 10:00 and 14:00).