This article provides an extensive overview of The Nairobi Hospital antenatal and maternity package. It is a private hospital located along Argwings Kodhek Road in the Upper Hill area of Nairobi. The hospital has built a name as one of the best healthcare service providers in Kenya since its establishment in 1954.
1. The Nairobi Hospital Antenatal Package
Charges: Ksh 60,000
This package covers for:
- 6 Antenatal visits (any extra visits out of the schedule will be charged separately)
- 2 Postnatal visits by the doctor after CS at 2 weeks & 6 weeks
- 1 Neo-natal baby visit (at 2 weeks old) Pre-natal investigations i.e. Laboratory tests & 2 ultrasound scans
- 1 postnatal visit by the doctor (after Normal delivery at 6 weeks)
- 1 Physiotherapy session
2. The Nairobi Hospital Normal Delivery Package
Charges: Ksh 90,000
This package covers for:
- Obstetricians, Paediatricians & Resident Registrar fee
- Post-natal investigations i.e. Laboratory tests Normal ward bed for 2 days
- Nursery charges for 2 days with vaccinations 1 physiotherapy session post-natal
3. Caesarean section
Charges: Ksh 190,000
- All services in the normal delivery package
- Anaesthetist fee
- Theatre fees
- 1 physiotherapy session postnatal
- Normal ward bed for 3 days
- Nursery charges for 3 days with vaccinations
The delivery packages are payable in advance, up to the day of admission on a ward bed, payable once or in instalments. If you prefer to occupy a private room, an additional cost will be incurred & is subject to availability.
-Private Room: Ksh 14, 500
-En-suite: Ksh 23,500
- Deluxe Suite – Kshs 45,000 per day
- Premier Suite – Kshs 65,000 per day
- Presidential Suite – Kshs 98,000 per day
*Charges not included in the Maternity Packages
- Medicines or vitamin supplements
- Any other laboratory or radiological tests other than pre-natal investigations
- Hospitalization during pregnancy other than delivery
- Removal of retained placenta under anaesthesia – Repair of lacerations: Under general anaesthesia
- Epidural Kshs. 55,000
- Lamaze classes (6 sessions) Kshs. 12,000
Please note that:
- • NHIF only cover the daily bed rebate of Kshs. 4,000
- Package rates are net of NHIF. If you are not an NHIF member you will be charged the bed rebate of Kshs. 4,000.
- The package does not cater for high-risk pregnancies & complications.
- Any extra cost incurred outside the package will be charged separately.
- In case of an emergency Cesarean Section, the C/S charge will apply.
- The Nairobi Hospital reserves the right to admission & changes of price without notice.
The Nairobi Hospital Anderson Speciality Clinics Contacts
Location: Argwings Kodhek Rd, Anderson Centre, 1st floor
Phone: +254 730 666 860, +254 20 28465000/ +254 703 082000
Email: [email protected]