In this post, you are going to learn about some of the visa requirements for Kenyan citizens visiting South Africa as of 2020. South Africa is a country of diversity, energy, and culture. Most recently it was ranked as the fifth most beautiful country in the world in a new poll run by travel guide and information group, Rough Guides.
Believe me, it’s a place where you’ll enjoy so much more, for far less than you thought possible.
Visa application process
1. Download and complete your visa form. You can download this form from the VFS Global website. http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/kenya/
Then fill the form in BLACK ink only completely without leaving blanks. You can write N/A in the fields that don’t apply to you. This form is standard for all the visa types so don’t look for a different form.
Visa Requirements for Kenyan Citizens Visiting South Africa 2018
- Valid passport with at least 3 blank pages. It must be valid for at least 1 month after departure from South Africa ( Make one clear copy of the bio-data page of your passport)
- 1 recent passport photo (45*35mm)
- Photocopy of your passport biodata page
- A copy of Yellow Fever Vaccination (Middle page with signature and cover page). If this is your first visa to South Africa, they may request to see the original as well.
- Confirmed hotel and flight bookings. If traveling by road, attach a country to country itinerary
- If you’re employed, submit a letter of confirmation/Introduction from your employer in Kenya stating you’re indeed their employee. If self-employed, attach documents of ownership and a draft letter stating so. If you’re a student, ensure you attach a letter from your institution. The above-required documents are to be submitted in support of your application, alongside all other documents depending on your visa category.
- 3 Months ORIGINAL pay slip/original bank statements. These are required if you’re applying for a visitor’s visa. For Business visa, attach a Letter of Invitation (LOI) from your host company in South Africa. If a friend is hosting you, he/she should also send you an LOI. Remember that The South Africa High Commission does not allow online bank statements in support of your application.
- Parents traveling with their children under 18 years are required to provide a Parental Consent Affidavit. If the child is a student, attach a letter from their school.
After filling all that, you will now submit your application personally at the VFS Global South Africa Visa Application Centre in Nairobi between 8 AM to 3 PM (Monday to Friday, except on holidays recognized by the South African High Commission and Government of Kenya). Please make sure you bring along your completed application form and all the required documents.
You will pay VFS service fee at the bank teller counter at the Visa Application Centre then collect your system-generated receipt. You will need to bring this receipt and a copy of your passport when you return to pick up your visa.
South Africa Visa fee in Kenya
Kenyan citizens are required to pay Kes. 4,950 (4800 for a visa, 150 as VFS Global commission). If you’d like to track your visa application via SMS, you will need to pay Kes. 50 more. Tracking can also be done online via this LINK. If you’d like your passport to be couriered, you will pay extra Kes. 350 within Nairobi and Kes.750 outside Nairobi.
|VISA FEE IN KSHS (INCLUSIVE OF VAT)
|SERVICE FEE IN KSHS (INCLUSIVE OF VAT)
|Transit/Medical/Business/Training Visa/Conference/Interviews/Meeting/Study Visa/Holiday Visa
If the stay in South Africa is over 30 days (Kenyan Nationals).
Payments are made via MPESA payable at the counter in VFS Global offices in Nairobi and Mombasa. Please remember to only pay after your documents have been verified by the visa officers and enclosed in the black folder.
How Long Does It Take to Get a South Africa Visa in Kenya?
It will take five working days to process your application. Call the helpline on 0731 055 555 to check the status of your visa. You can also choose to be contacted by the optional SMS service. This way you will be notified when your visa is ready for collection.