This article focuses on Wakenya Pamoja Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Wakenya Pamoja Sacco was started in 1976 as a union banking section of the Kisii Farmers Cooperative Union.
In 1992, it became autonomous under the name Gusii Farmers Rural Sacco Society Limited. Over the years, the society has undergone major governance reforms which have facilitated the change of name
The change of name was in line with the strategic move to expand geographically and explore other financial opportunities, diversify the membership and increase the society’s scope beyond tea and coffee to include value chain financing, microfinance, business development and asset financing.
The Sacco was licensed to conduct deposit-taking business on the 20th day of April 2011, subject to the provisions of the Sacco Societies Act No 14 of 2002 and the regulations.
Wakenya Pamoja Sacco Membership Eligibility
- A person of 18 years and above, of good character and of sound mind.
- Must have a minimum share contribution.
- Individual or organisation.
Wakenya Pamoja Sacco Membership Requirements
- Fill a membership application form which is available online on the Sacco’s website or can be obtained from the Sacco’s offices.
- Pay a registration fee of Kshs 300.
- Purchase a minimum of 50 shares at Kshs 200 each.
- Continuous accumulation of shares.
Benefits of Joining Wakenya Pamoja Sacco
- The Sacco offers a wide range of products and services that cater for all the members’ needs.
- Access to all types of loans, advances and related products at affordable interest rates.
- Attractive interest rates on term savings.
- Loans take a short period of time to be processed.
- Education and financial literacy training programs for members at no extra costs.
- Personalised services that include door-to-door payment services.
- A friendly and well-established customer relations service.
Wakenya Pamoja Sacco Contacts
Head Office: Kahawa House, Opposite Gudka Westend, Along Kisii-Sotik Road, Overlooking Daraja Moja.
Contacts: 0746 668 190/ 0777 668 190/ 0207 852 506.