This article focuses on Winas Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Winas Sacco is a SASRA licensed, modern and fast-growing financial institution in Kenya. It was formerly known as Embu Teachers Sacco.
The Sacco was initially established in 1977 to serve teachers in the larger Embu district. It has since rebranded and diversified its membership to effectively tap the economic potential in all viable sectors in the Kenyan market and beyond.
In 2012, the Sacco took a landmark strategic move that saw it change its name from Embu Teachers Sacco Limited to Winas Sacco.
Winas Sacco has cut a distinct market niche for itself, becoming a strong financial powerhouse in Kenya. This is clearly evidenced by the level of confidence, satisfaction, loyalty and sense of ownership expressed by the Sacco’s general membership.
With an asset base of 9.79 billion, Winas Sacco is one of the largest deposit-taking Saccos in Kenya.
Winas Sacco Membership Eligibility
The Sacco draws membership from the following areas;
- Active and retired members of Teachers Service Commission (TSC), Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) and all its projects, Ministry of Education, Public Service Commission and other private educational institutions such as schools & colleges including support staff.
- Active and retired central and county government employees.
- Active and retired members of disciplined forces.
- Large and small business men and women.
- Groups/ chamas.
Winas Sacco Membership Requirements
- Membership registration fee of Kshs 500.
- Original and photocopy of ID/ Passport (valid identification documents).
- Passport-size photographs.
Benefits of Membership
- Access low-interest credit facilities and friendly financial advice.
- Get high returns on sacco deposits, savings and dividends.
- Participate in member education forums and other programmes for the empowerment of members.
- Exposure to investment opportunities.
- Get high-quality service through effective customer service and support.
Winas Sacco Contacts
Head Office: Teacher’s House, Along Kenyatta Avenue, Embu Town.
Contacts: 0727 436 211/ 068 31091.